Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings.
How many people does it take to make a difference? Only 1.
As the City of Good Neighbors we know that our region is full of people who go the extra mile within our community and Crown Energy Services, Inc. along with WGRZ-TV Channel 2 feel that it's time we started recognizing these individuals. Share your story about someone you know on WGRZ.com and have them be eligible to win $1,000.00 for the charitable organization they serve. Each month Crown Energy Services, Inc. will pick a winner and WGRZ-TV Channel 2 will highlight their good deed. Check back often to see our winners and hear about their stories.
THE GREAT GIVE BACK 2014/2015
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Great Give Back (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of the city of Buffalo, New York and the counties of Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Allegany, Orleans, Genesee, and Wyoming in New York who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (collectively, "Nominators"). Employees and contractors of WGRZ-TV and Crown Energy Services, INC (collectively, "Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., or any Gannett non-profit organization and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to be a Nominator or Nominee. Each Winning Charitable Organization and its associated Nominator and Nominee will be identified during WGRZ's "The Great Give Back" broadcast segments and a representative of the Winning Charitable Organization and/or its Nominator and/or Nominee must be available to appear in a taped or live interview for such broadcasts.
3. How to Enter: The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on Monday, October 20, 2014 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on October 19 2015 (the "Contest Period").
Online Entry . During the Contest Period, enter by visiting The Great Give Back Contest official registration page on the WGRZ-TV website www.wgrz.com/greatgiveback and completing an official entry form with all of the required information and following all posted instructions. With each entry Nominators must submit an essay of up to 300 words describing how the person they select as a Nominee has volunteered his or her efforts to serve a charitable organization that operates in and serves the city of Buffalo, or the counties of Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Allegany, Orleans, Genesee, or Wyoming in the State of New York (each, a "Charitable Organization") during October 20, 2014, through October 19, 2015 (collectively, "Nominees"). To be eligible the Charitable Organization must be a non-profit organization, as defined in the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. § 501 (c)) that is qualified and is currently in good standing in the State of New York. Each entry must also include the name and contact information of the Nominator, Nominee and the name of the Charitable Organization. A Nominator may not nominate himself/herself. A Nominee may be a current or past employee or volunteer of the Charitable Organization identified in the entry. All essays must be the sole, original work of the Nominator, written in English, and are limited to 300 words or less. None of the essays may have been previously published or won awards. Only one (1) essay may be submitted per entry. Entries submitted by the same Nominator under different user accounts will be disqualified. Sponsor may disqualify any essay that the Sponsor deems to contain offensive, indecent or inappropriate material, contain non-original material, contain trademarks, service marks, or infringe on the rights of others or that exceed the 300-word limit. Entries may be posted on Sponsor's websites or displayed on WGRZ's broadcasts, at Sponsor's sole discretion and Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use essays in any way it seems fit without limitation or compensation to Nominators. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
Nominations must be received by 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on the last calendar day of each month to be eligible to be selected as the Monthly Winner for that month. Multiple nominations for any one Nominee may be submitted by the same Nominator on separate entries.
Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor regarding Sponsor's products and services. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
Written Entry. In addition to online entry, Nominators may also submit written entries by entry forms available at WGRZ's business office at 259 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14203, by calling WGRZ at (716) 849-2281 to receive an entry form mailed to Nominator, or by submitting a postcard or paper entry. All written entries must include the same information required for online entries. Written nominations may be returned to WGRZ by mail to the business address, returned in person to WGRZ's business office, or faxed to WGRZ at (716) 856-1506. Mailed entries must be postmarked by the last calendar day in each month, in –person entries must be received by close of business on the last business day (Monday through Friday) of each month, and faxed entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on the last calendar day of each month.
Limit one entry per Nominator per calendar month, regardless of the manner of entry.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Winner will be selected each month from all methods of entry during the Contest Period for a total of twelve (12) Winners (each, a "Monthly Winner"). The Winner will be the Charitable Organization identified in the winning entry. A panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible entries received by the last date of the preceding month. Entries received throughout the Contest Period that are not selected as a Monthly Winner will be carried over and included in each successive month's selection pool for judging. Entries received during October 2014 will be judged in November 2014 with all of the November 2014 entries.
The criteria used for judging will be the following and equal weight will be given to each:
1) The actions performed by the Nominee must be remarkable; i.e., his/her actions have the ability to change the community;
2) The actions performed by the Nominee provide an important service to the community that does not lead to financial or personal gain;
3) The actions performed by the Nominee lead the community to develop programs that would improve services already provided by the person;
4) The actions performed by the Nominee show his/her leadership that would encourage community support of the initiatives started by the Nominee.
The ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to ten (10), with ten (10) being the best score. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged by the same criteria .Winner selection is conditioned upon Sponsor's receipt of confirmation of the Nominee's service from the Charitable Organization identified in the winning entry. After confirmation, the entry that receives the highest score for each month will be deemed that month's Winner. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding.
5. Prizes and Odds. Each winning Charitable Organization will receive a cash award in the amount of $1,000 from Crown Energy paid directly to the Charitable Organization in the form of a check. There will be one winning Charitable Organization per calendar month during the Contest Period, for a total of 12 winning Charitable Organizations during the Contest Period. (ARV: $1,000 per prize, total ARV: $12,000).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Sponsor will notify each selected Monthly Winning Nominator and Nominee at the email address or phone identified on the winning entry. Either party must respond to Sponsor's email or phone notification within 48 hours. Failure by Nominator or Nominee to respond to Sponsor's email or phone notification within such time period may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of its interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Following response, Sponsor will contact the Winning Charitable Organization and issue the prize in the form of a check. Each Winning Charitable Organization and its associated Nominator and Nominee will be identified during WGRZ's "The Great Give Back" broadcast segments and a representative of the Winning Charitable Organization and/or its Nominator and/or Nominee must be available to appear in a taped or live interview for such broadcasts. Minors will be required to provide parent or guardian consent for taping. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Nominators and Nominees may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification of entry, the forfeiture of the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of its name and information in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, each Nominator, Nominee and Winning Charitable Organization agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that in the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each Nominator grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the Nominator's submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each Nominator agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Great Give Back 2014/2015 is sponsored by WGRZ-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after Monday, October 19th, 2015, F or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.wgrz.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), The Great Give Back, 259 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Julie Mecklenburg at email@example.com or call 716-849-2282.