BUFFALO, N.Y. — A CODE BLUE has been issued for Buffalo and and Erie County Tuesday evening due to the frigid temperatures and snow forecast.
The following overnight shelters will be open tonight:
- Lincoln Field House,10 Quincy Street, Buffalo, 14212 - 5 p.m.-7 a.m.
- Holy Cross, 412 Niagara Street, Buffalo, 14201 - 6 p.m.-7 a.m., serving men only
- Rural Outreach Center, 765 Olean Road, East Aurora, 7 p.m.-7 a.m.
The Rural Outreach Center and the Lincoln Field House will also serve as daytime warming centers on Wednesday.
If you encounter someone on the street during these time frames, please direct them to one of the Code Blue shelters. You can also call 211 to have an outreach team dispatched; outreach teams are dispatched between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. individuals should be directed to the NFTA Metro Transportation Center. Bus tickets won't be distributed until 6 p.m. and those needing tickets to a shelter cannot wait in the center until 6 p.m.
Helpful numbers and resources:
- City of Buffalo Code Blue updates are available by texting CodeBlueBuffalo to 898-211
- The Rural Outreach Center serves individuals in Southern Erie County. If you are in Southern Erie County and need shelter, call (716) 240-2220 x106. The center has an outreach van that picks up individuals starting at 7 p.m. on nights where temperatures fall below 32 degrees.
- Southern Erie County Code Blue updates are available by texting CodeBlueSouthernErie to 898-211.
- WNY Coalition for the Homeless Website
- WNY Coalition for the Homeless Facebook
- WNY Coalition for the Homeless Twitter