BUFFALO, N.Y. — As the weather continues to change and get colder in the Buffalo area a Cold Blue 32 has been issued for the City of Buffalo and Southern Erie County, which will go into effect Saturday and Sunday.
The following overnight shelters will be open Saturday night: The Holy Cross located at 412 Niagara St. Buffalo, NY 14201 between 6 p.m - 7 a.m; a shelter at 586 Genesee St, Buffalo, 14204 will be open between the hours of 6 p.m - 7 a.m this location will be open to all for Code Blue; and ROC Code Blue Transitional Housing is open between the hours of 7 p.m -7 a.m.
For location information or if you need a ride to the ROC call 716-222-4020.
Daytime warming centers on Sunday will be located at 586 Genesee St. and the ROC with hours of operation from 7 a.m and 6 p.m.
Code Blue Clients will be permitted at the NFTA METRO Transportation Center from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. to obtain bus tickets to the Code Blue Shelter They will not be allowed to wait at the NFTA outside of those hours.
Outside of Erie County, people can contact local law enforcement or 211 for shelter options.
Helpful numbers and resources:
- City of Buffalo Code Blue updates are available by texting CodeBlueBuffalo to 898-211
- Southern Erie County Code Blue updates are available by texting CodeBlueSouthernErie to 898-211.
- If you live outside Erie County, contact local law enforcement or 211 for Code Blue options.
- WNY Coalition for the Homeless Website
- WNY Coalition for the Homeless Facebook
- WNY Coalition for the Homeless Twitter