BUFFALO, N.Y. — The New York State Department of Transportation will begin a bridge deck rehabilitation project on the Skyway Monday.
Starting Monday at 11 a.m., the inbound (eastbound) lanes of the Skyway between Ohio Street and the 190 will be closed, and drivers will have to use the outbound (westbound) lanes for both directions of travel.
The detour schedule is as follows:
- Weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Skyway open to inbound traffic only
- Weekdays from 11:00 a.m. to noon: Skyway closed to all traffic
- Weekdays from noon to 3 a.m. the next day: Skyway open to outbound traffic only
- Weekdays from 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.: Skyway closed to all traffic
- Saturdays and Sundays: Skyway open to outbound traffic only
Detours will be posted.
The traffic pattern changes will remain in effect until November.
The work is weather-sensitive and may be delayed if there's bad weather.