ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Buffalo Bills center Mitch Morse is confident he's ready to play and isn't concerned about experiencing any setbacks upon consulting with numerous specialists in recovering from his fourth documented concussion.
Though understanding there's no guarantee against him sustaining another head injury, Morse says he was reassured by doctors after undergoing "all the tests you can freaking think of."
Morse spoke following practice Monday, and after he was cleared to play upon being released from the NFL's concussion protocol late last week. He missed nearly five weeks in revealing he sustained the concussion when being accidentally kneed in the head by a teammate during Buffalo's first padded session of training camp on July 27.
Morse called it a freak accident and says he has plenty of catching up to do in being ready for Buffalo's season opener at the New York Jets on Sunday.
Morse also missed a majority of spring practices while recovering from surgery for a core muscle injury. He was Buffalo's most high-priced offseason free-agent addition as part of the team's plans to overhaul what had been a patchwork offensive line.