BUFFALO, N.Y. - After Chris Collins announced he was suspending his re-election campaign Saturday morning, the list of potential replacements poured in.
Erie County Republican Chairman Nick Langworthy said over 15 candidates have reached out to him and expressed their interest in the NY-27 congressional district seat.
This is the list of potential candidates who have confirmed they have put their name in the mix:
- Buffalo businessman and former Buffalo School board member, Carl Paladino
- Erie County Comptroller Stefan Mychajliw
- New York State Assemblyman Ray Walter
- New York State Senator Rob Ortt
This is the list of potential candidates who have confirmed to 2 On Your Side and/or publicly announced they are 'exploring' the possibility of running:
- Erie County Legislature, District 9 Lynne Dixon
- Erie County Legislature, District 6 Ed Rath
- New York State Senator Mike Ranzenhofer
Langworthy said he will meet with fellow county chairs in the coming days and work on the logistics and process that the party will undertake to find a suitable candidate for Collins' seat.
We will update this story when more information regarding the seat becomes available.