BUFFALO, N.Y. — As the CDC continues to look into whether THC products are the cause for vaping-related lung illnesses nationwide, New York has announced its first death.
Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Tuesday that a 17-year-old from the Bronx is the first person in New York to die from a vaping-related illness, one of close to 20 across the country. And it comes as one of our state lawmakers wants more transparency from e-cigarette companies.
Assembly member Monica Wallace says she has introduced a bill that would make companies that make e-cigarettes and vaping products list ingredients on their packaging, something that isn't required right now.
It would also require the state health department to set up testing and reporting of those ingredients.