MAYVILLE, N.Y. — While Mayville is under a water advisory, there will be a few water distributions coming up for residents to pick up water.
So far, there are water distributions planned for Monday through Friday. However, the health department says plans are being made for the weekend as well, and will be announced soon.
On Monday, water donated from Tops Markets will be distributed in the Tops Market parking lot at 64 S. Erie Street from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday, water will be distributed at the Town of Chautauqua DPW Garage, 50 Patterson Street. Canned and bottled water will be provided from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Residents will be able to pick up one case of water per day. Residents will need to stay in their vehicles. Both sites will be practicing social distancing as well as mask wearing.
Any resident that is in COVID-19 quarantine or isolation should call the Health Department at (716) 753-4491 if they don't have someone who can bring them water. Quarantining or isolated individuals should not leave their houses.
Likewise, if someone can't make the distributions for other reasons but need water, can call John Buxton with the Village of Mayville at (716) 269-4801 for arrangements.
The Chautauqua County Health Department also provided the following information:
- Water customers and the public will be kept informed on progress to reduce the contamination and when the water is deemed safe for all uses.
- For information about drinking water and health effects contact NYS DOH Bureau of Toxic Substance Assessment at (518) 402-7800.
- For more information about drinking water quality contact NYS DOH Bureau of Water Supply Protection at (518) 402-7650.
- General information is at www.chqgov.com. Email inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
- General information on PFAS can also be found at: https://www.epa.gov/pfas/basic-information-pfas.