BUFFALO, N.Y. — Buffalo Police and the Buffalo Fire Department, as well as National Grid, were on the scene after a manhole cover was sent flying on Chippewa Street Saturday morning.
City Spokesperson Mike DeGeorge say police and fire crews responded to the call sometime after 7 a.m., closing Chippewa between Pearl Street and Franklin Street.
Authorities say there was a "minor underground explosion" in an alley, which caused one manhole cover to be blown off.
National Grid says the explosion was caused by an underground wiring issue.
No injuries were reported but there was damage to some nearby buildings.
The closed portion of Chippewa was reponed around 8:30 a.m.