BUFFALO, NY — A two-month-old baby girl is in critical condition after her 17-year-old father allegedly threw her against a wall and shook her, according to the Erie County District Attorney.

The crime happened just before 4 p.m. on Saturday at a residence in the 300 block of Abbott Road. An adult inside the home called 911, although the D.A. said they are trying to determine how much time passed from the time of the incident to when paramedics were called to the home.

Flynn describes what happened as an altercation between the baby and teen. "It led to the father throwing the two-month-old on the bed up against the wall where the baby hits the wall and then the father shakes the baby afterward, it's hard to use the word altercation." he said.

The baby was taken by ambulance to Women & Children's Hospital where she is listed in critical condition in the pediatric intensive care unit. The child suffered "a fractured skull, a brain bleed, broken ribs and other injuries," according to Buffalo Police Lt. Jeff Rinaldo. He said detectives from specialized units were called to the scene. "They were able to interview the father who is 17, and he was charged."

The teen father, now identified by police as Ziaire Davis, has been charged with felony assault and endangering the welfare of a child. Two On Your Side has decided to identify the father because he is being charged as an adult.

The incident remains under investigation. Davis was arraigned in Buffalo City Court Sunday where bail was set at $50,000. He's due back in court later this week.

Teresa Goepel lives next door to Davis on Abbott Road. She says his family moved in over the summer.

“They've always asked, oh, my ball came in your backyard, can I come over and get it? Very respectful, so this is like total shock that this has happened," says Goepel.

Geopel was home Saturday watching TV when she heard the sirens and saw the ambulance.

"They literally just carried the baby out, and then put the baby on the stretcher, or gurney, or whatever you want to call it. And he, or she, wasn't moving. And, I was like, you know, thinking what's going on, and I knew that like in the last few weeks, though, the baby had been sick, you know, like had a cold and that because I remember the son actually, the father, saying that the baby's been sick," said Goepel.

Goepel says more police showed up and eventually she saw them take Davis away.

"Whenever he left the house, he went to the courts to play ball. You know? Hang out with his friends. To me, he was still a kid. So, I mean, that's why, you know, it's a, a total shock," said Goepel.