SANBORN, N.Y. — Get your cameras ready, one of Western New York's favorite summer attractions will officially open for the season on Monday.
Starting Aug. 1, the Sunflowers of Sanborn will be open daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Visitors will be able to explore over 100 acres of sunflowers, including 18 different sunflower varieties.
Several special events are already in the works for this season. You can check out some of them below:
- Aug. 7: Yoga in the Field from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Aug. 11: Law enforcement and first responders lunch
- Aug. 13, 14, and Aug. 27, 28: Crafters in the Field, a pop-up vendor show. The event is free to attend from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Aug. 20, 21: Kids day
- Sept. 4: Car and jeep show
- Sept. 5: Food Truck Festival Labor Day from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sept. 10: Trunk or treat
- Sip and pour candle-making every Friday. Click here to purchase tickets.
Click here to view the complete list of events happening this summer.
In addition to special events on the weekends, the Sunflowers of Sanborn also offers a variety of daily activities, which you can check out below:
- Explore the sunflower trail
- Corn maze
- Sunflower sifter
- U-pick sunflower field
- Sunflower smasher apple cannons
- Duck derby races
- Wagon ride
- Concessions, including hot dogs, hamburgers and ice cream
- General store with merchandise and garden accessories
For more information, you can visit the Sunflowers of Sanborn's official website by clicking here.