LEWISTON, N.Y. — Artpark announced that live music will return to the park started July 19 with an all new "Music in the Woods" series.
The new outdoor concerts were either adapted from previously scheduled engagements or designed specifically to make social distancing possible while enjoying the performance. The series is full of free outdoor performances taking place each Sunday in the park's Emerald Grove area, overlooking the Niagara River.
"It's inspiring. It gives hope. It gives hope and brings us together in a safe way at the same time because we are social animals. We need people around us. We do. This kind of experience provides for that need again in a very safe and beneficial way," said Sonia Clark, the executive director at Artpark.
Though the concerts are free, there are strict capacity limits.
A full schedule of performers is listed below.
- Drum Circle with Stephen Bell – July 19, July 26, August 2, August 23 – 2 p.m.
- Svetlana & The New York Collective – July 26 at 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- UB Faculty Jazz Quartet with guest vocalist Alex McArthur – August 2 at 4 p.m.
- Alarm Will Sound performs “Ten Thousand Birds” by John Luther Adams – August 9 at 6:30 p.m.
- Baroque Dreams – August 16 at 6:30 p.m.
- Buffalo Jazz Composers Workshop – August 23 at 4 p.m.
Attendance is limited. Visitors are asked to reserve their spots in advance by emailing email@example.com.
RELATED: Artpark adds more drive-in films