ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. — There are plenty of opportunities this month to get your child's car seat checked this month.
The Traffic Safety Committee is reminding parents of five free safety inspections offered in September. At these checks, certified child passenger safety technicians will inspect car seats using the "Learn, Practice, and Explain" model to help parents.
Advice will be provided on proper instillation and selection of proper car seats.
Free checks are scheduled for:
- Saturday, September 4 (by appointment only) at Catholic Health of Buffalo Regional Administrative Center, 144 Genesee Street, Buffalo
- Tuesday, September 14 at Niagara County Public Safety Training Facility, 5574 Niagara Street Extension, Lockport
- Friday, September 17 at Trinity Medical OB/GYN, 897 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo
- Saturday, September 25 at Trinity Medical OB/GYN, 550 Orchard Park Road, West Seneca
- Sunday, September 26 at Trinity Medical OB/GYN, 94 Olean Street, East Aurora
More information can be found online or by contacting Christina Lewis at (716) 344-7357 or at email@example.com.
Those who cannot attend one of these free car seat check events can make an appointment with a local fitting station.