NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. — Firefighters were called to a report of a fire at Covanta Environmental Solutions Thursday afternoon.
The call came just before noon to the Quarry Road location.
A sign on the property says the building is a non-hazardous waste transfer station.
Covanta Director of Corporate Communications, James F. Regan, issued this statement:
The fire started as a result of maintenance work going on inside the building. We believe that a spark from a band saw being used to cut rebar started the fire. We will continue to investigate. There were no injuries. We appreciate the swift response from the fire department and their assistance in quickly extinguishing the fire.