x
Breaking News
More () »

Dog, 10 puppies die in Genesee County house fire

Firefighters believe the blaze started in the chimney or living room, then spread to the rest of the home.

STAFFORD, N.Y. — A dog and 10 puppies died in a house fire Thursday in Stafford.

Firefighters were called to the Genesee County home on Prole Road around 9 a.m.

Investigators think it started in the chimney or living room, then spread to the rest of the home. 

Another dog that was in the home is still missing.

Firefighters are trying to pinpoint exactly what happened.

RELATED: Two women arrested, charged with arson in Breckenridge Street fire

RELATED: Charges pending in apparent Buffalo arson investigation

RELATED: Buffalo firefighters battle blazes on William, Summer streets