BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Buffalo Fire Department was called to a report of a chimney collapse around 3:15 p.m. Wednesday on Ellicott Street near Chippewa Street.
Division Chief Peter Kertzie tells 2 On Your Side the chimney and part of a wall let go on the three-and-a-half story building housing Two Wheels Bakery Cafe, falling onto the one-story building next door. That building houses the Puppy Playpen, a dog daycare facility.
Both buildings were evacuated and the utilities turned off. The Red Cross was assisting some of the residents.
No one was hurt. Kertzie says the bakery building has been declared unsafe and as a result, the area around the building will stay closed until repairs can be made.
It is unclear at this time how the happened or if anyone has been injured. 2 On Your Side will update the story as more information becomes available.