BUFFALO -- A Buffalo business is considered a total loss after an overnight fire Wednesday morning, according to Buffalo Fire.

Division Chief Daniel Bossi tells 2 On Your Side that they were called out to a fire at the Walden Quick Stop deli on the corner of Walden Avenue and Gittere Street just before 3am Wednesday.

When they arrived, Bossi says the first floor was engulfed in flames preventing them from entering inside.

The fire then quickly spread to the second floor and attic, creating about $450,000 worth of damage.

The building is considered a total loss.

A neighbor tells Buffalo Fire that the apartment located on the second floor was vacant.

Bossi says the fire is now under control, and that investigators should be out there Wednesday morning looking for clues to what started the fire. As of right now, Bossi says there are no signs of foul play, but an investigation must be done before that is confirmed.