BUFFALO, N.Y. — There is a call out for artists in Buffalo to see who can come up with the best idea for a mural at 550 Seneca Street.
Arts Services Initiative will give a $9,000 commission to the artist with the most creative idea.
That's so they can bring their vision to life on the side of the Seneca Street Lofts building.
The deadline to submit an idea is January 13th. The mural must refer to the entrance to Larkinville, Hydraulic District, and/or Seneca Street.
Proposals must include:
• A description of the work, including materials and dimensions
• Request for materials to be used during the completion and installation of the mural
• Sketches of the work
• Links to examples of previous work
• Contact information, including phone number, email address, and mailing address
• Final mural must have an expected lifespan of at least ten years unprotected from the elements.
Arts Services Initiative will pick the winner in February and have them start working on the mural in the spring.
For more information, check out ASI's website.