BUFFALO, N.Y. — New year, new you, right? Is one of your resolutions to volunteer more or to help your community in some way?
Well, a little reminder of how you can help is lighting up the Sunday night sky. Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown's Buffalo Landmark Illumination Team lit up the Electric Tower red for National Blood Donor Awareness Month.
In addition, the Red Cross has a promotion this week where if you donate, you'll be entered to win two tickets and a trip to Super Bowl LIV in Miami.
Feeling ready for that little prick that means a life you might save? Here are some opportunities this week for you to give blood through the Red Cross:
- Union Road Blood Donation Center (3601 Union Road, Cheektowaga) from 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and on Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Temple Beth Tzedek (1641 North Forest, Williamsville) from 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Boulevard Mall (730 Alberta Drive, Amherst) from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Mercy Hospital (565 Abbott Road, Buffalo) from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Tonawanda Fire Department (44 William Street, Tonawanda) from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday.
To see more times, dates, and locations, and to register for a slot, click here.