BUFFALO, N.Y. — The total number of people hospitalized Tuesday with COVID-19 in the Western New York region dropped to 540. That’s down six from the day before.
On average, 29 percent of hospital beds and 37 percent of ICU beds are available in the Western New York region.
The current rolling average of COVID-19 percent positive rates for each of the eight counties in our viewing area is ranked below. Erie County had 10,112 test results on Tuesday and 800 positive tests, bringing the rolling average up to 8 percent, but it’s still the lowest in the region.
- Wyoming County, 15.5 percent
- Chautauqua County, 14.5 percent
- Genesee County, 13.1 percent
- Orleans County, 11.3 percent
- Allegany County, 11 percent
- Cattaraugus County, 10.5 percent
- Niagara County, 10.3 percent
- Erie County, 8 percent
In a news conference Wednesday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that statewide, 8,665 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.