BUFFALO, N.Y. — Erie County currently has the lowest rolling average of percent positive in Western New York at 6.4 percent.
Erie County’s rolling average increased from 6.2 percent on Tuesday to 6.4 percent on Wednesday, but it remains down 17 percent from one week ago.
Chautauqua County has the highest rate of the eight counties at the western end of New York State, at 12.5 percent. Allegany and Wyoming follow behind at 10.7 percent and 10.3 percent, respectively.
Here are the eight counties ranked, highest to lowest rolling average, according to New York State data:
- Chautauqua County, 12.5 percent
- Allegany County, 10.7 percent
- Wyoming County, 10.3 percent
- Orleans County, 9.6 percent
- Niagara County, 9.1 percent
- Genesee County, 8.9 percent
- Cattaraugus County, 8.4 percent
- Erie County, 6.4 percent