TONAWANDA, N.Y. — The Town of Tonawanda Parks and Recreation Department announced the Brighton Driving Range and the Sheridan Park Golf Course will both offer rounds of golf starting Tuesday morning.
Both will have strict guidelines put in place. They had originally put out a rotating plan, which is no longer in effect.
Through May 31, Tonawanda golf courses will open at 8 a.m. with the last tee time being 5:36 p.m. Beginning June 1, courses will open at 7 a.m. and the last tee time will be 6 p.m.
With the region entering Phase 1 of reopening, golf courses and driving ranges have seen some COVID-19 guidelines relaxed.
For example, some courses now allow single players to use a motorized cart, and golf lessons can resume. Bathrooms will still be closed at the facilities, and pro shops are curbside pickup only. Tonawanda's specific policies are listed below.
For tee time reservations, login at TTYPR.com
Due to the ongoing pandemic some new policies have been put in place for the Tonawanda courses and driving ranges:
- Tee times will be limited to every 16 minutes.
- Masks must be worn while checking in with cashiers and at any times where social distancing is not possible. Payment is credit card, cash or gift card payments only.
- The Club House will be open for restroom use only. Additionally, the restroom at tee #9 will be open. If players are caught urinating anywhere on the course, they may be removed and/or have their membership revoked.
- There will be no scorecards, no rakes (smooth bunker with foot when needed), no beverage or concession items for sale, and cups will be blocked so the ball cannot fall fully into the hole. Golfers are asked to not remove the flag stick and to use an app or other means to track your score.
- There are no pull cart rentals. The locker room will not be open. There should be no "bag line;" players must schedule a tee time ahead of arrival.
- There should only be one golfer per cart, two if it can proven both golfers share the same address.
- The driving range is open to golfers only. Every other hitting station will be roped off.
- The staff reserves the right to ask anyone not abiding by these changes to leave and no refund will be given. Season memberships may also be revoked if policies are not followed.