Festival fest is the thing I do where I talk about things to do in Western New York to make Monday more fun.
Fresh off the Oscars, this is happening. The Festies: an award show for the rest of us, where we do it the way it should be done—on the couch wearing sweatpants.
Our first awards are for best emails about events involving baked goods in Western New York. We have a three-way tie between:
- Kenmore Lions Club Pancake Fundraiser, Sunday, March 3rd. Deb writes: By the way...I love your segments, and my chair asked me to extend its 'greetings' to yours. In appreciation of your work, (hoping that my obvious 'brown-nosing' is working).
- Sip Shop Eat Lewiston Style, Saturday, March 2nd.
- Paczki Day at Holy Mother of the Rosary Cathedral in Lancaster, Sunday, March 3rd
Best use of the word "carnival":
- 11th Annual Character Carnival in Hamburg, Saturday, March 2nd
- Lancaster High School Antlers Club Carnival Kid Steel Orchestra, Friday, March 1st
Best festivals included in emails I got at the last minute:
- Harzfest at the Eldredge Bicycle Club, Saturday, March 2nd
- You've Gotta Have Art Festival in Clarence, Saturday, March 2nd
- Cabin Fever Party at the Lake View Fire Hall, Saturday, March 2nd
- Foreign Language Teacher Seminar at Lew-Port High School, Saturday, March 2nd
Last but not least: Best Meat Raffles.
- DePaul Meat Raffle at the Knights of Columbus, Saturday, March 1st
- Monster Meat Raffle at the Eagles Post in Depew, Saturday, March 2nd
- Lancaster Dragons Meat Raffle at Lancaster Elk's Lodge, Saturday March 2nd.
Hamburg Rejuvenation Meat Raffle at Hamburg Moose Lodge #992, Saturday March 2nd.
Aaaand that's festival fest. The greatest thing to happen to an awards show since the envelope, please.
A reminder that you can always send your events to firstname.lastname@example.org.