BUFFALO, N.Y. — A mainstay in the Elmwood Village will be closing its doors for good in the near future.
The TreeHouse Toy Store announced on Facebook Tuesday that after 25 years in the Elmwood Village. The post read in part, "Our time has come for our next adventure in life."
In a tearful video posted online, one of the owners, Gaetana Schueckler, thanked the community for the love and support over the years. She says "It is a sad moment for us, but it is also a happy moment because we chose this path and we took a leap of faith 25 years ago with just an idea of The TreeHouse and have been blessed to be able to do it for 25 years as a way to be part of this community."
At this point, it is unclear when the store will close. Schueckler says on Facebook that they will remain open as long as there are toys on the shelves and will close one all the stock is sold. The store also detailed online how the closing will work:
- Everything will be 15% off (excluding Lego) Limited to stock on hand. The earlier you shop, the better the selection.
- All Sales are Final. No returns or exchanges on purchases. No adjustments on prior sales.
- Gift Certificates can be used until we close, but new Gift Certificates will not be sold. If you have a Gift Certificate we encourage you to come in sooner rather than later for best selection.
- Loyalty Points can be redeemed until we close, but no new points will accrue from any new purchases.
- Closing discount prices will not be available on our website in order to maintain good standing with our vendors. If you see something on our website, you can always do a phone order to receive the discount.
- It is difficult for us to determine our exact Closing Date but when our stock is gone, our doors will close.