11 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

TONAWANDA, N.Y. - Candee Camillo can rest easy now that she has a safe furnace once again.

Camillo, a single mother of two, had a faulty furnace that was leaking carbon monoxide, but she didn't have the $3,000 to replace it.

She contacted the Amanda Hansen Foundation to get carbon monoxide detectors, and the next day, Ken and Kim Hansen were at her home to install them.

Then they decided to take things a step further and donated a new furnace.

January 17 will mark five years since the Hansen's daughter Amanda died of carbon monoxide poisoning while at a sleep over. A year after her death the couple started the foundation to keep Amanda's memory alive and to try and save other lives.

The foundation gives away free carbon monoxide detectors to those in need. Over the past four years, they have given away more than 15,000. This is the first time they have donated a furnace, and they hope it's something they can continue each year.

On Saturday, workers from Roy's Plumbing, Heating and Cooling installed the new furnace for free.

Click here for more information about the Amanda Hansen Foundation or to learn how you can help.

11 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://on.wgrz.com/1dl16d7