SHARECOMMENTMORE

LEROY, NY – Firefighters from three Western New York counties assisted in fighting a fire inside a LeRoy home Sunday night.

The fire broke out just after 6 p.m. along the 8200 block of Gully Road.

Firefighters believe the fire originated around the home's chimney area and wood stove.

No one was hurt, but the fire caused extensive damage.

Officials remind homeowners to be vigilant when having wood-burning stove fires, and to clean their chimneys to prevent fires from happening in the first place.

WHEC-TV contributed to this article.