In the days following the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut, a movement began to do good deeds for strangers.
It's called 26 Acts - one act of kindness for each of the victims.
As we all watched, and felt the pain of that event, some students from Tapestry Charter School in Buffalo were inspired to act as well.
They wrote to the Daybreak team, challenging us to report one good story everyday for 26 days.
The Daybreak team listened to their concerns and is happy to accept the challenge.
We promise to report at least one good story every morning during Daybreak for the next 26 days.
And after meeting the students at Tapestry Charter School, we hope you'll agree that they deserve to be the first good story we report.
Not only did they issue the challenge but they also told us about the good deeds they're doing in school, at home, and in the community.
These students truly inspire greatness from others, and we thank them for inspiring us.
Good Story Challenge
1. Tapestry Charter School
2. Local Magician Helps Make Bullying Disappear
3. 5 Loaves Farm
4. Pembroke Community Rallies Around Team's Cause
5. WNY Woman Going to National Grocery Bagging Competition
6. Lancaster 3-Year-Old is Parent's Magazine Cover Girl
7. Elite Heat Fireflies
9. Birthday Presents for the SPCA
10. Heroic Teen
11. Box Tops for Sandy Hook
12. Matt Faulkner: From Tragedy to Triumph
13. Running for a Cause
14. Pendleton Eagle Scout Completes Shelter For Town
15. Hockey 4 Hearts
16. Believe in Breanna
17. Dancing at 80
18. Party for Stone's Buddies
19. Chautauqua County Great Teens Really Clean Up
20. Three Generous Sisters
21. Box Out Bullying
22. Honoring Volunteers
23. Breanna's Surgery is a Success
24. West Seneca Boy Collecting for Buffalo's Poor
25. WNY Boy Rescues Sister from Icy Ravine
And now we want to hear from you, Western New York. We want to know about the good stories in our community that deserve to be told.