BUFFALO, NY -- October is the trickiest month when it comes to making financially sound decisions, especially with Black Friday right around the corner.
Yesterday I showcased mylistof the Top 10 things NOT to buy in October, today (sincemy priorlist doesn't leave as many items up for grabs), a list of the Top 5 BEST buys for this month.
As always, I'll be sending out more daily deals later today on Twitter. CLICK HERE.
1. Vacuums: Since vacuums don't follow the same calendar as televisions or other electronics and are notconsidered outdated as quickly, there are some great deals to be found.
** Just sold out!
2. Home Accents and Area Rugs: Stores are far ahead of the shopper (sometimes too far ahead) when it comes to home accents. The winter collection is actually on its wayto storesas we speak and fall items which dropped in late August are now at their lowest prices. And as far as most people are concerned, a great indoor area rug like the one below is perfect year-round.
3. Knife Sets:I have no idea how to explain this but every October (over the last 5 years at least), deals on knife sets inexplicably drop. Every distributor I speak to has a different rationale on this. While October is a bad time to buy Cookware, knife sets are not part of that mix when it comes to bargains and my favorite deal just dropped overnight.
4. Mowers and Property Maintenance: It's a myth that you can buy the best lawn-mower deal in January when stores throughout the Northeast are stocking snow blowers. That's actually a time where prices jump up again due to a lack of stock and the transition between product lines. The time to buy is now. In fact, I predict some of the best mower/garden deals (which I hope to feature) Thursday October 4th.
5. Cars: Many dealers are desperate this time of the year to finally get rid of the 2012 models for the 2013's that have been trickling in since August. If you're looking for a 2012, you'll score incredibly low prices. If you have your heart set on a 2013 vehicle, dealers throughoutour area have tremendous incentives to steer you toward a new vehicle.