BUFFALO, NY-- The Buffalo Bills have appointed seven people to serve on the new stadium group.
The group will explore the possibility of a new stadium or more upgrades to the existing Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Here are the members appointed by the Buffalo Bills:
- Russell H. Brandon, Bills President and Chief Executive Officer
- Louis P. Ciminelli, Chairman LPCiminelli, Inc.
- Christopher H. Koch, CEO of New Era Cap Co., Inc.
- Jordan Levy, Managing Partner of SoftBank Capital
- Jeffrey C. Littmann, Bills Chief Financial Officer
- Mary Owen, Bills Executive Vice President Strategic Planning
- Charles E. Schumer, United States Senator
Schumer said in a tweet Thursday that he is proud to serve on the new stadium working group.
Schumer says he would not get into financial or strategy details for a new stadium or renovations but he did say "One thing I would be certain of...it can't be just the localities that bear the cost of a stadium. We have a state, we have federal bonding programs, and other things that can help out. But I don't want to get into the specific details today. I'm glad I'm on the committee and the reason I'm glad on the committee is it will give me additional leverage to do what I've been doing for years...and that is fight to keep the Bills in Buffalo."
"We look forward to starting the process assigned to The New Stadium Working Group. The seven individuals we have selected for the committee are passionate about the Buffalo Bills franchise and recognize its importance, both economically and socially, to the Western New York community. These individuals have a good understanding of our franchise and the National Football League. They also understand the impact of the team's relationship with the business community and the significance to all Western New Yorkers, particularly our fans," said Bills President and CEO Russ Brandon in a released statement.
The members appointed by Erie County are:
- Mark Poloncarz, County Executive, Erie County
- Richard Tobe, Deputy County Executive, Erie County
- Maria R. Whyte, Commissioner of Environment and Planning, Erie County
- Kathleen Hochul, Vice President, M&T Bank Corporation
- Michael Joseph, President, Clover Management, Inc.
- Alphonso O'Neil-White, Retired President & CEO of HealthNow New York Inc.
- Clotilde Perez-Bode Dedecker, President, Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo