DEPEW, N.Y. - A major road work project on Transit Road will result in lane closures and restrictions for about eight weeks this summer.
The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) said work is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 19. It will affect the portion of Transit between Walden Avenue and Gould Avenue.
The road rehabilitation project will include the removal of a railroad bridge over Transit Road.
The closures and restrictions are as follows:
- Monday, June 19 until Friday, June 23: daily lane closures on Transit Road between Walden Avenue and Gould Avenue.
- On Monday and Tuesday, Transit will be reduced to one lane in the each direction from 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- On Wednesday through Friday, the roadway will be reduced to one lane in the southbound direction from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- On Saturday, June 24, from 12:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., Transit Road between Walden Avenue and Gould Avenue will be reduced to one lane in the southbound direction.
- At approximately 9:00 p.m. Saturday, this portion of Transit Road will be closed to all traffic in both directions.
The roadway is scheduled to re-open to one lane of traffic in each direction on Monday, June 26 at approximately 5:00 a.m. Motorists will be directed to follow a posted detour using Walden Avenue, Dick Road, and Broadway.
Then beginning on Monday, June 26, Transit Road between Walden Avenue and Gould Avenue, will be reduced to one lane in each direction, and the travel lanes will be shifted. These lane closures and shifts will be in effect for approximately eight weeks.
This work is weather-sensitive and will be delayed in the event of inclement weather.
© 2017 WGRZ-TV