Commissioner: Child playing with lighter sparks fatal fire

BUFFALO, NY-- The commissioner of the Buffalo Fire Department says a five-year-old boy playing with a lighter started a fire that killed the boy's father.

The fire happened on Regina Place on June 26. A neighbor was able to rescue the boy, but the 56-year-old father later died at the hospital.

The commissioner says there were no smoke detectors in the home.

2 On Your Side's Scott Brown is following this story and will have more on Channel 2 News First at Five.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories