3 first graders treated for coming in contact with drug

Students Sickened By Pills At School 30

BUFFALO, NY-- Three first graders at a Buffalo public school were taken the hospital after coming in contact with a prescription narcotic.

School officials say a substitute teacher at Frank A. Sedita School #30 on Lowell Street, brought in the medication to school.  It was later discovered that the three students came in contact with the drug.  One student admitted to swallowing a pill. 

Paramedics were called and the children were taken by ambulance to Children's Hospital.  Their parents were also notified. 

At about 8:30 p.m., a school spokesperson said the children had been released from the hospital and parends were told to keep an eye on them for the next 24 hours as a precaution. 

Counseling will be provided to the students.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories