Mom, 7-year-old son, double homicide victims

Police Continue Double Homicide Investigation

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. - Cheektowaga Police say a woman and her seven-year-old son are the victims of Thursday's double homicide on French Road. 

Shane Stevenson, 31, was arraigned Friday on two counts of second degree murder.  Assistant Chief James Speyer says Stevenson had been in a relationship the mother, Raina Voll. She was 30 years old.

The bodies of Voll and her son, 7-year-old Leo Klinger were found Thursday afternoon inside an apartment at the Kingswood Apartment Complex located on French Road near Borden in the town. Leo was a student in the Depew School District. The Superintendent posted this letter to the district's website addressing Klinger's death.

It all started shortly before 3 P.M. Thursday when police received a call about another child, a two-year-old, found abandoned in a stroller at a local church at Union and Losson Roads.  The search for that child's family led police to the gruesome discovery at the Kingswood.  Speyer said the two-year-old is now in the custody of his biological father.

Stevenson is being held without bail. 

On Friday, George Rogowski, who claims to have seen the two-year-old boy be dropped off says he called police immediately. He says he was in his backyard at the time.

"And this red car just left and I heard screaming and I looked over the fence and there's this little blonde boy in this stroller so I called 911 right away," Rogowski said.

Rogowski says he didn't see who was in the car, but that the driver had pulled through the parking lot of the Union Road United Church of Christ in Cheektowaga.

"And just out in the hot sun, and I begged the police I said please hurry, hurry this boy is all alone and screaming," he said.

Church leaders are thankful Rogowski stepped in.

"We were devastated and we just thank the Lord that George was here to save that little boy," said Ruth Glim, the clerk of Union Road Church of Christ, "he just stayed with the baby to make sure the baby was okay."

Church leaders say there was a cell phone found where the toddler was left -- there's no word at this point if the phone has led to any clues in this investigation. Police say that the boy, is in the custody of his biological father. Child Protective Services has been contacted and is also involved in this investigation.

Stay tuned to and 2 On Your Side for the latest information on this developing story.



To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories