The colder it gets, the more we want to store food for winter. We crave those juicy, fat proteins, such as prime ribs. Fortunately, we can still get that incredible flavor by using a leaner source of meat! Try this-you won't be disappointed!
Preparation Time: 2 hours
4-5 lbs roast (standing, weight with bones top fat trimmed, room temperature)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ -1 cup chopped onions
1 celery stalk chopped
A pinch of kosher salt
3/5 tbsp black pepper (freshly ground)
3/5 tbsp dried rosemary (crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Clean up the meat by cutting out the saturated fats.
3. Place in a roasting pan. Add mushrooms, onion, celery, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover in foil, cook in the oven for 1 hour 45 minute - 2 hours, keeping an eye on the roast.
5. When roast is done cooking, take out of the oven and let sit for a few minutes to settle. Serve and enjoy!
Tip from Binks: The most important thing is to get LEAN cuts of beef!