Cheektowaga Family Loses Home to Fire

12:50 AM, Feb 19, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • FILED UNDER

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. - A family lost just about everything when fire ripped through their Cheektowaga home late Monday afternoon.

The fire broke out on Flora Road, near the Thruway.

Firefighters say it started by accident when a child threw a paper towel that caught fire into the trash.  Fortunately, the family was able to escape unharmed.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for exhaustion.

Most Watched Videos