Annie's Inc. is voluntarily recalling Annie's Homegrown Frozen Pizza due to the chance that some metal fragments may have gotten into the pizza.
Annie's announced the recall after learning a fine metal mesh screen failed at a third-party flour mill and fragments of flexible metal mesh were found in the flour and pizza dough.
Annie's products are sold at various grocery stores throughout the United States, including New York.
All varieties of Annie's RISING CRUST FROZEN PIZZA with a "best by" date including and between 09Jan13 and 14Sep13 are affected.
Recalled varieties are:
- Organic Four Cheese Pizza, 23.5 oz UPC 013562 200016
- Organic Pepperoni Pizza, 23.6 oz UPC 013562 200009
- Organic Supreme Pizza, 25.4 oz UPC 013562 200023
- Organic Spinach and Mushroom Pizza, 25.0 oz UPC 013562 200054
- Four Cheese Pizza, 22.5 oz UPC 013562 200078
- Pepperoni Pizza, 22.6 oz UPC 013562 200061
- BBQ Recipe Chicken Pizza, 23.1 oz UPC 013562 200092
Annie's says that no metal has been found in the finished product but the company is recalling the pizzas as a precaution.
No consumer complaints, illnesses or injuries have been reported.
Consumers who have purchased the product can return it to the store they purchased it from for a full refund.
If you have any questions, you can contact Annie's Homegrown Pizza Recall Hotline at 1-888-825-6720 or visit www.annies.com/pizzarecall1 for more information.