BUFFALO, NY - Over a dozen of residents were evacuated from their apartments early Friday morning while fire crews looked for the source of smoke.
The incident happened just after 5:30 a.m. at a five-story apartment building along the 1300 block of Delaware Avenue.
A resident tells 2 On Your Side that a light smoke haze filled a number of the floors.
The source of the smoke was traced to an overheated elevator motor. The power was shut off to the motor and the smoke cleared.
Damages were estimated at $500.
No one was hurt.