Preparation time: 20 minutes
Macadamia nut oil for pan
Salt & pepper
1 lb sirloin steak
1. Pan sear steak for about 3 or 4 minutes to seal in flavor in a small amount of macadamia nut oil.
2. Put in oven with fennel bulb seasoned with salt & pepper, cook to desired doneness.
3. Caramelize onions in leftover macadamia nut oil from steak.
4. Remove steak and fennel from oven and remove fennel core
5. Serve steak sliced on bias, breaking down fatty connective tissues in steak. Serve with fennel & onions.