The 26th Annual Western New York High School Football Awards Banquet will be held on Saturday, December 8th at 12:30 p.m. at the Classics Banquet and Conference Center, 2425 Niagara Falls Boulevard.
The purpose of the banquet is to recognize and honor the achievements of student athletes participating in interscholastic football and those who support high school football.
Besides honoring the All-WNY Football Team and the All-WNY Academic Football Team, other awards that will be presented include:
- Jim Burt Trophy - awarded to the outstanding defensive lineman.
- Jim Dombrowski Award - awarded to the outstanding offensive lineman.
- Shane Conlan Award - awarded to the outstanding linebacker.
- Ron Pitts Award - awarded to the outstanding defensive back.
- Player of the Year Awards - to outstanding offensive and defensive players in each of the Divisions for the Section VI Federation and Monsignor Martin Association.
- Allen Wilson Award - to a member of the media for their outstanding contribution to high school football.
- Don Majowski Award - to the outstanding quarterback
- Ron Jaworski Award - to the outstanding quarterback.
- Gene Masters Award - to the coaches of the year, small schools.
- Joe Foyle Award - to the coaches of the year, large schools.
- Chuck Funke Award - to the outstanding offensive and defensive players in the playoff games at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
- Frank Constantino Award - to the JV Coaches of the Year.
- James Lofton Award - to the outstanding receiver.
The All-WNY Academic Football Team will be selected by a committee formed by All-WNY High School Sports and the Buffalo Bills. All other awards will be selected by the publication, after consultation with area coaches, media, and interested parties.
Tickets are $25 a person. For information, contact Dick Gallagher at 245-3334.