BUFFALO, NY -- The contract dispute between Time Warner Cable and MSG is over.
A source close to the story tells 2 On Your Side the tentative agreement was reached after a second round of talks last week between the two sides and State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's office.
The agreement says that MSG is now back on Time Warner Cable. The change took place at 5:45pm Friday.
The terms of the agreement have not been made public, and it is not clear if the new deal will lead to rate increases for Time Warner subscribers.
Governor Andrew Cuomo was also involved in the talks, and Friday afternoon in an interview on "The Governor David Paterson Show" on WOR Radio he said he thinks New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin might have helped get the two companies talking again.
"It is not good to annoy consumers," said Governor Cuomo, "and I believe Jeremy Lin did heighten it. I did not have that conversation with either of the gentlemen, but I believe, my instinct is that heightened the pressure."
In a statement the Governor said, "I applaud both Mr. Dolan and Mr. Britt and their companies. I thank them for being responsive to the needs of New Yorkers."
"Our office has worked diligently with Time Warner Cable and MSG Networks over the last month to bring about a resolution to their dispute," says NY Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman. "We are pleased that both parties have reached an agreement that will finally allow Knicks, Rangers, and Sabres fans to enjoy the rest of this season's games."
The dispute between MSG and Time Warner Cable has resulted in 15 Buffalo Sabres games being taken off cable in the Western New York area.
The New York Post reported yesterday that negotiations between the two sides resumed earlier this week. It marks the first meeting between Time Warner Cable and MSG since the channel was pulled off Time Warner Cable on January 1, 2012.