BUFFALO, NY - In my continued search to find the best websites to save you time and money, I have another great free service to recommend.
A service called "slydial" lets you leave someone a voicemail without having to talk to them directly. Your number will show up on their display as though they missed your call... and they'll have a voicemail.
Oh, and it's free.
So what, you ask?
Why would you want to do this?
There are hundreds of different reasons and scenarios, but here are a few:
1) You don't want to pay for a 6 minute long distance call to explain why you won't be coming home for Thanksgiving when a 45 second message will do the trick.
2) You want to avoid an awkward conversation and blow someone off.
3) Call in sick to your boss without speaking to him or her directly.
4) When a text message just won't cut it.
5) It's also great if you don't want to wake someone up, but want to leave a message.
6) Just need a clever tool to avoid all of life's awkward moments.
Need more scenarios? CLICK HERE
Sly Dial is free, you will not get spammed and the person you're Sly Dialing will not get spammed (and they'll just think they missed your call).
You will have to listen to a 10 second advertisement before your call is completed. If you don't have nationwide calling, this number counts as a long distance dial for certain cell phones and land lines.
Here's how it works:
1) Dial 267-SLY-DIAL (267-759-3425) from any land line or mobile phone.
2) At the voice prompt, enter the U.S. mobile phone number of the person you want to sly dial.
3) You will be directly connected to their voicemail. Leave them a voicemail, sit back and relax
To find out more about Sly Dial or to download the free app, CLICK HERE.
We receive absolutely no financial compensation for mentioning any company, product, or deal. The purpose of this segment is to find great deals -- that's it.