Sweet Potato Cutlets
Cook Time: 30 minutes
• 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
• 2 slices bread, cubed
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
• 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
• ¼ cup whole grain bread crumbs
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. In a large bowl, mash together potatoes and bread cubes. Mix in egg, salt, cayenne, jalapeno and cilantro. Shape potato mixture into patties and coat with bread crumbs.
3. In a large tall sided skillet, heat oil until almost smoking. Carefully slide cutlets into oil. Cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat and drain. Serve warm.
For more healthy recipes visit