Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup purchased pesto
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4, whole grain Rolls, split horizontally
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stemmed, dark gills scraped out
- Olive oil
- Roasted red peppers from jar, drained
- 4 cups spinach (about 2 ounces)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Stir pesto and mayonnaise in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill rolls, cut side down, until lightly toasted. Transfer to plates. Spread grilled side of rolls with pesto mayonnaise.
- Brush mushrooms on both sides with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, rounded side up, 4 minutes. Turn mushrooms over. Cover and grill until mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes. Place 1 mushroom on each roll bottom. Top each with enough red pepper pieces to cover, then with spinich and cheese. Press roll tops over and serve.
FOR MORE RECIPES, LOG ONTO CHEFBINKS.COM.