EAST AMHERST, N .Y. -- Imagine getting up for work Monday morning and not being able to take a shower because there's no water. It happened to several neighbors in East Amherst this week, and they've been having problems with the water ever since.

Frank Marchese moved into his Ransom Oaks home more than 20 years ago. This is the first time he's been without water.

"We heard gurgling, and I ran downstairs thinking that maybe there was like a flood, and I couldn't find any water on my floor, and I went to use the faucets, and I go, oh we must've blew a main," says Marchese.

That was Monday morning around 4:30. Marchese looked outside, saw work crews, and started making phone calls.

"One way traffic. Calling. Calling. Calling. Calling," he says.

He finally got a hold of someone Tuesday.

"He told me that the water situation was supposed to be remediated yesterday," says Marchese.

"And that was somebody at the Erie County Water Authority?" asked 2 On Your Side’s Kelly Dudzik.

“Yeah. And about 4:30, his words were true. So I was like, celebrate, you know? We got water. And then all of the sudden at 4:30, 5:00 this morning, went to use the water and we had no water. Third day," said Marchese.

"That's got to be frustrating," said Dudzik.

"Yeah, it is," said Marchese.

So Marchese's wife called 2 On Your Side and we called the Erie County Water Authority. No one called back as of Wednesday night.

We also did not get a response to a direct message on Twitter, which is where the Water Authority has been updating other water main issues this week but hasn't mentioned Ransom Oaks.

And it's not like we're talking about just one house. This has impacted 30 to 40 homes on two streets.

Lynn Cutler was happy the water came back on Wednesday afternoon around 4:30, but wants to know when it will stay on for good.

"I'm a little upset because I think they needed to work through it, through the night. Like they stopped. I got up in the morning to take my daughter to school, I'm thinking why is there nobody out there Tuesday morning pronto working on the project," says Cutler.

Crews worked to fix the problem for hours on Wednesday, but people are still very worried that they won't be able to take showers in the morning.