AMHERST, N.Y. - If you have old paint, pesticides, household chemicals, or other hazardous waste you need to get rid off, you can take advantage of a free drop off this weekend.
It runs Saturday, August 5th at Erie Community College's north campus (enter from Wehrle Drive).
Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
There are typically long lines due to high demand, so allow yourself approximately one hour to unload.
Bring the following items to the site for proper disposal:
- Pesticides, fertilizers, pool and household chemicals/cleaners (limit 2 gallons or 20 pounds)
- Oil-based paints, spray cans (limit 10 gallons)
- Oil, gasoline, kerosene, antifreeze (limit 10 gallons)
- Paint thinner, stripper, solvent (limit 2 gallons)
- Batteries (lead acid and rechargeable)
- Mercury (thermometers, thermostats, other)
- Propane tanks and cylinders (full or empty)
- Latex paints
- Light bulbs
- Smoke detectors
- Alkaline batteries
- Commercial or industrial waste
For more information, call (716) 858-6800 or click here.