BUFFALO, NY-- Three first graders at a Buffalo public school were taken the hospital after coming in contact with a prescription narcotic.

School officials say a substitute teacher at Frank A. Sedita School #30 on Lowell Street, brought in the medication to school. It was later discovered that the three students came in contact with the drug. One student admitted to swallowing a pill.

Paramedics were called and the children were taken by ambulance to Children's Hospital. Their parents were also notified.

At about 8:30 p.m., a school spokesperson said the children had been released from the hospital and parends were told to keep an eye on them for the next 24 hours as a precaution.

Counseling will be provided to the students.