BUFFALO, NY — The holiday season is well underway here in Western New York, with plenty of celebrations scheduled for the first weekend of December.
If you're feeling the holiday spirit and looking for a way to celebrate, you're in luck because the first weekend of December is packed with local holiday events.
Saturday, Dec. 2
- Tree of Light event by Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House, with story time for kids, ornament crafts, music, and tree lighting - beginning at 4 p.m. at the Martin House Plaza
- Tree Lighting at the Zoo with animal meet and greets, festive activities, and tree lighting - beginning at 3 p.m. at the Buffalo Zoo
- Holiday in the Village of Williamsville with activities all day including wagon rides, photos with Santa (until 3 p.m.), and a tree lighting at 5:30 p.m. - beginning at 11 a.m.
- 10th Annual City of Light with volunteers decorating local homes for the holidays, a children's carnival, and a tree lighting at 5 p.m. at Market Square - beginning at 9 a.m. in Black Rock Neighborhood, with the carnival at 2:30 p.m. inside St. John's UCC Church
- Jingle Falls USA with complimentary hot cocoa and cookies, a candlelit stroll, and tree lighting - beginning with assembly for the Candlelight Stroll at 4:30 p.m. at Niagara Falls City Hall, moving to Seneca Square, and tree lighting at 6pm
- Light-A-Life Tree Lighting Ceremony by Hospice Buffalo with candle-lit procession to honor loved ones, and tree lighting ceremony - from 5 to 5:30 p.m. on the front lawn of CTG (800 Delaware Ave)
- Yuletide in the Country Holiday Artisan Market offers Western New Yorkers a chance to shop local, featuring more than 150 local artists - running from 10 a.m. - 5pm at the Hamburg Fairgrounds' Event Center, and will continue Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lumber City Walk of North Tonawanda, featuring over 30 family friendly events throughout the day, a free bus shuttle throughout the city, and discounts at local businesses - beginning at 10 a.m., primarily in the Oliver Street and Webster Street area of North Tonawanda
- Breakfast with Santa by the Buffalo Audubon Society, with a chance to meet Santa and his Elf, holiday crafts, face painting, and a French toast breakfast - runs from 9 a.m. to noon at the Beaver Meadow Audubon Center (1610 Welch Road in North Java)
- Breakfast With Santa by the Chautauqua Children's Safety Education Village with wagon rides, holiday crafts, a pancake breakfast, and pictures with Santa and Mrs. Clause - runs from 9 a.m. to noon at 2695 Route 394 in Ashville
- Tree Lighting, Carols, and Candelight in Williamsville with holiday music, an appearance by Santa, and tree lighting ceremony - beginning at 5:30 p.m. in front of Village Hall (5565 Main Street)
- 2017 Downtown Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration will mark the official opening of the free ice-skating season of Rotary Rink at Fountain Plaza - beginning at 5 p.m. with tree lighting ceremony countdown starting at 6 p.m.
There's something for everyone in Western New York this holiday season and as we get into the rest of December, 2 On Your Side will continue to post holiday event info.