Medicine Ball Slams/Puts Exercise
1. Start with a medicine ball the child can hold in one hand.
2. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, bend the arm of one hand so that the hand is palm up towards the ceiling.
3. With a twisting motion at the torso, push the ball across the body maintaining your arm at shoulder level. The power behind the pushing with the arm and twisting of the torso should come from the leg on the same side of the body that the hand is pushing from.
4. In the finishing position your shoulders should be at a right angle to your feet and hips.
5. Repeat this exercise using alternating hands to maintain muscle balance.